Frito Pie In A Bag Station
An easy solution to what to feed everyone at your Texas Longhorn tailgate party is Frito pie in a bag. That way you do not have to spend hours over a hot grill preparing the food. Cleanup is easy because you simply throw the empty bag away. This gives you more time to talk to your guests and participate in tailgating fun.
The key to making these delicious Frito Pies for your Texas Longhorn tailgating party is to use individual packages of Fritos that come in bags with the silver lining. The cheaper Fritos that do not have a silver lining become a soggy mess.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- Start by making your own chili powder seasoning by combining everything but the meat. Now, brown the hamburger meat in a skillet. Drain the grease and add the seasoning. Put the mixture in a slow cooker. You can let this cook overnight on low if desired.
- On game day, shred some cheddar cheese and dice some onions. Put out some sour cream in a small bowl and set it in a larger bowl of ice. Then, put some jalapeno rings in a separate bowl. Place a pile of the Frito bags on the end of a table, and a pair of scissors. Then, put the slow cooker followed by the other ingredients in bowls that have easily closable lids. Add utensils so that your guests can easily get the ingredients that they want on their pie.
- Encourage guests to get a bag of Fritos and cut down the side of the bag. They can then add the ingredients that they want to create their own Frito pies.