Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This recipe may take a little more prep work but the finished result is well worth it. It allows you to experiment with different ingredients to create a Jalapeño popper that is truly your own. Try several different kinds at your next picnic or tailgate.
Photo credit: Kayla Casey
- 10 Jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (or use a variety of shredded cheeses - choose your favorite)
- 1 lb Bacon
- Cut each of the jalapeno peppers in half, be sure to remove the seeds
- Slice each piece of bacon in half
- Cover the peppers with the cream cheese (or cheese variety you have chosen)
- Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick
- Grill on high heat over aluminum foil for 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy
- The creativity and experimentation with this recipe comes with what you decide to add to it. You can add a variety of meats to make them unique, whether that is pork, shrimp, or even hot dogs. The choices are endless. Have fun making your own unique popper!