Texas State Tailgating
Texas State Tailgating Overview
Not to be overshadowed by the goings-on in Austin on game day, San Marcos and the Texas State Bobcats are having some nice tailgates these days. They have well organized areas including Bobcat Alley which is a fun area on football game days. Still, most people are throwing their own Texas State tailgate parties, and it’s worth checking out if you are in the area. While we don’t provide full-service tailgates, we do offer TV, satellite, and generator rentals. Contact us for assistance.
Texas State Tailgate Areas
Most of the Texas State tailgating focuses on Bobcat Alley, led by the Student Association for Campus Activities that features live music, fan zones, kids’ play areas and food and drink. The Bobcat Marching Band parades through this centralized tailgate parking lot on the way to the stadium so you know there are plenty of good times to be had for students, alumni and fans in general.
Tailgating for all fans is available in the Coliseum parking lot located on the corner of Aquarena Springs Drive and Charles Austin Drive.
- Reserved Parking – Gold (Bobcat Club Donation Required)
- General Public – Green ($10 fee)
- Paid Parking ($10.00 | Cash Only)
- Coliseum Lot – Opens for Bobcat Alley Tailgating at 8:00 a.m. for weekend games, 12:00 p.m. for weeknight games. Ability to purchase multiple spots.
- Mill St. Lot – Opens for parking at 1:00 p.m. for weekend games, 3:00 p.m. for weeknight games. One spot per vehicle.
- Thorpe Lane Lot – Opens for parking at 1:00 p.m. for weekend games, 3:00 p.m. for weeknight games. Parking is only available in the marked areas, all others will be towed. One spot per vehicle.
- Free General Public
- Yellow Parking locations are for weekend games only. For weekday games, free parking is available in the Matthews St Garage and the Woods St Garage only.
- Disabled Patron Parking – As marked and available in Gold lots ($10 fee of Bobcat Club Donation Required)
- RV Parking & Tailgating
- Strahan Coliseum/Bobcat Alley Tailgating Lot ($35.00 | Cash Only)
- The night before the game RVs are asked to set in the Mill Street Lot. The morning of the game they can move to Bobcat Alley or remain at Mill Street Lot for $35.00. RVs must be out the lot the day after the game.
- To book RV spots: Bobcat Club office at 512-245-2210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas State Tailgate Shuttle
Shuttle service is provided beginning 3 hours before the start of the game, and continues for 1 hour after the game. Track the shuttle in real time at txstate.doublemap.com
Need help with a TV, satellite dish or generator for a Texas State Tailgate? Contact us today.